Butt Exercises: Best Exercises For a Bigger Butt
Everyone wants bigger and shapely buttocks, especially women. With big buttocks, it helps accentuate their curves and make the body look sexier. Butt exercises also allow them to look really good in jeans, shorts and dresses. If you are envious of Brazilian women and Latinas who have bigger and sexier Brazilian butt, then it’s time to get moving. Here are some of the best exercises to tone your butt.
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
How to Perform Single-Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie down and put your feet flat on the floor and knees bent
- Raise one leg off the ground
- Keep the raised leg straight and extended in front of you
- Drive your heel to the floor and bridge your hips up
- Make sure to contract your buttocks and hamstring
- Hold this position
- Lower your body down but keeping your other leg still extended
- Repeat the process
The muscles that are activated by this exercise are the gluteal muscles and hamstring muscles.
Hydrants with Leg Extension
How to Perform Hydrants with Leg Extension
- Get down on the floor with your hands and knees planted on the floor
- Hands must be directly beneath your shoulders while your knees are below your hips
- Lift one leg up while keeping the knee bent. Lift it up as high as possible without twisting your torso. Keep your palms on the floor and your upper body parallel to the ground at all times
- Extend your raised leg back until it creates a straight line with your upper torso
- Bend your knees again and go back to the starting position
- Repeat again but with the opposite leg
This exercise targets the gluteus medius, the muscle responsible for moving the leg sideways.
How to Perform Rainbow Workout or Rainbow Leg Lift
- Get down on all fours on a kneeling position
- Hands must be below the shoulders while the knees are shoulder-width apart
- Raise your left leg and extend it to the side of the body at a 45 degree angle with your toe touching the floor
- Raise your left leg up and around in a rainbow arc behind you. Only your legs will move so keep your torso and abs tight
- Touch your toes on the other side behind you to complete the rainbow arc. Bring your foot back in a rainbow arc again to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other leg
This exercise targets your glutes, hamstring, and core muscles.
How to Perform Curtsy Lunges
- Start from a standing position. Stand straight with your hands on your hips
- Step your left leg back to the right so that your thighs cross
- Bend the knees as if you are curtsying. Make sure that your front knee is in line with your front ankle
- Keep your back straight and hold the position
- Return to the standing position
- Switch sides to complete one rep
- You can do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps
The curtsy lunges tone your butt, inner thigh muscles, and hips.
Heel-Lifted Sumo Squat
How to Perform Heel-Lifted Sumo Squat
- Start with your feet wider than your shoulders and toes turned out and away from your body
- Legs are externally rotated from your hips so that when you bend your knees, they will be aligned with your middle toes
- Breathe in and lower your hips to the floor until squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Exhale and pause in this stance
- Keep your back straight and shoulders are aligned with your hips
- Do not stick out your butt as you squat
- Lift both heels up and place them back down. Do not allow your body to move up and down
- Repeat the heel lift 10 times and then go back to the starting position
This exercise targets your glutes, inner thighs, pelvic floor and calves.
Bear Plank Leg Lifts
How to Perform the Bear Plan Leg Lifts
- Begin with a plank position
- Hands flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart
- Bend your knees slightly
- Squeeze your glutes
- Raise your right heel up to towards the ceiling as high as you can
- Hold the position for 2 seconds
- Slowly bring your right leg down to the starting position
- You can do 3 sets of 15 reps on each leg
The bear plank leg lift targets your glutes, lower back and leg muscles
Single Leg Deadlift
How to Perform the Single Leg Deadlift
- Hold a kettleball in your right hand, hanging to your side
- Stand only on your right leg
- Keep your knee slightly bent
- Perform a stiff-legged deadlift by bending at the hip and extending your left leg behind you for balance
- Lower the kettleball until your body is parallel to the floor
- Return to the upright position
- Repeat for your desired number of repetitions
The single leg deadlift targets your gluteus muscles, hamstrings, lower back extensors and adductor magnus.
If you are tired of your squat exercises to tone your butt, then it’s time to incorporate these truly effective butt exercises into your daily routine. Try them out and you can have a bigger, sexier Brazilian butt in a matter of months.