A Week of Healthy Meals Made In 2 Hours
This is a step by step guide on how you can make a week of healthy meals in just 2 hours. You can do this on Sunday for 2 hours, and you can have all your meals prepared for the rest of the week. There are only two basic meals, namely the Mini-Frittatas and Salads, but the variations in ingredients and snacks provide a delicious variety for healthy eating.
This one-week meal plan is meant for just one person. Also, this is a low-calorie meal plan, but you can still supplement it with high-calorie ingredients such as a loaf of bread. The salads can maintain its freshness if you keep them in a sealed container.
Step 1: Prepare Your Equipment
Here are some of the recommended equipment that you can use to prepare these one-week healthy meals. These meals are all pre-made and you may have some of the equipment available in your kitchen.
- Giant bowl (1pc) – you need one giant bowl for mixing your salads.
- Silicone Cupcake Tray (2pcs) – this is the ideal tray for your mini-frittatas because this is easier and faster to clean. It also keeps your mini-frittatas in good shape. You can use metal trays, but they are time-consuming and difficult to clean out.
- Large Mason Jars (3pcs) – these jars are perfect for storing your one week supply of coffee.
- Rubbermaid Storage Containers 5 cup (8-10pcs) – you can use these storage containers for storing your prep ingredients. It can also store your salads over the week or just for general storage of other items.
- Rubbermaid Storage Containers 14 cup (1pc) – this container can perfectly store all the mini-frittatas you’ve made for the week.
You can get the equipment mentioned above at Amazon, except for the giant bowl. You can get the nice giant bowl at Ikea. These containers, jars, bowl, and tray really worked for this particular meal, especially during the quick preparation process.
Step 2: Buying Your Groceries
This is the list of the food items and ingredients that you will buy to cook your one-week healthy meal plan. Please take note that you can substitute other ingredients with whatever is locally available and affordable in your place. Check this out – Clean Eating Meal Plan: The Healthy Grocery List That Will Change Your Life
- Eggs – 3 dozen
- Milk – 1 gallon
- Feta Cheese
- Onion – 1
- Sausages – 12 pcs or 3 Packs
- Iceberg Lettuce – 1 head
- Romain Lettuce – 1 bag
- Broccoli Florets – 1 bag
- Mushrooms – 1 bag
- Almonds – 1 bag
- Mix of Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots – 1 bag
- Salad Dressing
- Bell Pepper – 3
- Apples – get as many as you want
- Strawberries – get as many as you want
- Cottage Cheese – get as much as you can eat
- Pickles – 1 jar
Clean Eating Meal Plan
Step 3: Chopping and Prepping All the Ingredients
You have to remember that some of these ingredients will be used for both the salad and the frittatas, so it is better to chop everything immediately. Chopping and prepping may take around 20 to 30 minutes at most.
Step 4: Prepare Your Frittatas for the Baking Process
- Go ahead and set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- The next step is to grease your silicone cupcake pans. You can use either an olive oil or butter to grease the pans. Begin setting the silicone cupcake pans on top of the metal baking sheets, as they will bend and spill your eggs.
- Fill each cup with sausage, onion, bell peppers and broccoli. The ratio may depend on your taste. Then sprinkle feta on top.
- In a separate bowl, scramble 20 eggs. Then add 25 cups of milk. Slowly pour the egg and milk mixture on top of your frittata ingredients.
- When all the cups are filled up, you can put both trays in the oven. Baking the frittata may take up to 30 minutes. However, you should check your frittatas after 20 minutes just to be safe. You can tell if your Frittatas are cooked if you poke it with a fork and it leaves no egg residue.
Step 5: Mix the Salads and Separate Into Containers
Get all the ingredients of your salads and mix everything in the giant bowl. When all the salad ingredients are completely mixed, you can then put them into separate storage containers and sprinkle feta on top of each one.
Step 6: Store Your Coffee
Make your coffee and pour it into your mason jars. You can put whatever mixture of cream and sugar you want for your coffee.
Step 7: Prepare Your Daily Healthy Meals
Now that you’ve finished your base ingredients, you can now make your own healthy meals.
Basic Breakfast You can have your mini-frittatas and coffee for breakfast.
Cooking time is 1 minute only.
- Put 3 mini-frittatas in the microwave for 1 minute.
Fancy Breakfast For a more filling and healthy eating breakfast, you can have a nice serving of salad, sausage, and eggs. Cooking time is around 5 minutes.
- Salad – 1
- Eggs – 3 over easy
- Sausage – 1
Basic Lunch Your basic lunch consists of salad and sausage. The cooking time is only 1 minute.
- Salad – 1
- Sausage – cook 1 minute in the microwave
Light Lunch For your light lunch, you can have fruits and almonds. Here are the ingredients you need for a healthy eating lunch.
- Cottage Cheese with Strawberries and Almonds
- Apple – 1
Late Night Snacks For your late night snacks, you can eat pickles and strawberries.
- Check this out – Glycemic Index: Which Fruits Have The Lowest Glycemic Load?
While this may be your healthy meals for the week, you can still supplement it with other snacks that are good for your body. This one-week meal for healthy eating is perfect for people who want to lose weight and has a busy schedule. Experimenting with fruits, vegetables, and other low-calorie ingredients can also help you create so many varieties of delicious and healthy meals. If you are not trying to lose weight, you can add high-calorie ingredients and food rich in proteins. In just 2 hours, you have made your complete meals for one whole week consisting of just two main meals, the mini-frittata, and salad.